Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is certainly influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear systems type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear models type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is definitely 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
If you desire to know more concerning crane duty helical gearbox call us using the get in touch with information on our web site.